3.31.2009

Book Worm

Lately Edmond's toy stash has been neglected. He spends most of his play time in the corner of the living room going over his books. As he pulls each book out of his basket, he'll sit down with it (usually sitting on several other discarded books) and flip through it. He pauses at the pages he likes and then looks up at us to tell us what's happening.
  • Peekaboo Bunny: the owl, Edmond looks at us and says "who, who"
  • Gossie: when her boots turn up missing, he looks at us and gasps
  • The Jolly Barnyard: the cow, Edmond looks and us and says "mmmmm"
  • The Poky Little Puppy: at the snake picture, he says "sssssss"

It is surprising how much Edmond learns every day. I love seeing the joy on his face when he says something to us and we understand him. He loves to communicate.

2 comments:

The Letterman's said...

I love it when they love books, you feel like such a good mom when this happens!! When I got Sophie out of bed this morning she had some how gotten a Pop Up book off the obviously too close book shelf and ripped it to sheds, big sister was not happy. . . time to move the book shelf.

Nate and Charlene said...

How did I miss this Post?? I check you blog everyday and sometime a couple of times a day... Anyways super cute, he is getting really smart!!